Interested in a Career at WACCC?
Our caring staff work a 38 hour work week with one day off. Salary is based on education and experience. Benefits available. We have one of the best staff around! We are always on the lookout for kind, caring individuals with degrees in Early Childhood Education. Apply now!
Current Job Openings
We are currently looking for substitute staff for our Center and BASE program. Applicants should have at least an Associates Degree, or working towards a degree. If you are interested in joining our team print out the application and apply in person at 185 Prospect Street, or email your application, resume, and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Lead Teacher in our Before and After School Enrichment program is responsible for but not limited to:
· Development and implementation of classroom curriculum that coincides with the CT Common Core
· Lead day-to-day before/afterschool program activities for assigned group of children
· Plan, implement and lead enrichment activities for children
· Encourage positive behavior and social skills
· Supervise children during indoor and outdoor play
· Supervise and be a role model to support staff
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with children, staff and parents
· Assist in maintenance of classroom and facility space
· Monday thru Friday 6:30-9:00 AM and 2:30-6:00 PM
· Open availability is a must to cover delayed openings (6:30-10:30 AM) and early dismissals (12:00-6:00 PM)
· Snow Days, holidays, and school vacation days you will work a 9.5 hour work day, this includes summer vacation
· Degree and/or experience working with children aged 5-12 years old
· Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should download an application, email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter of interest plus a resume indicating experience and knowledge relevant to the above requirements to:
Winsted Area Child Care Center
1 Lake Street
P.O. Box 585
Winsted, CT 06098